ideahatching.com is a marketing blog from Alicia Whalen, co-founder of A Couple of Chicks Marketing, discussing search, marketing & measurement in the new Internet Marketing environment! Please leave your comments - I'd love to hear from you!
It is almost that time again! Next week will mark our 9th Online Revealed Canada Digital Marketing Conference!
Since 2005, A Couple of Chicks™ have produced the Online Revealed Conference to ensure that the travel industry in Canada stays ahead of the digital trends. Much has changed in the world of digital marketing, but it is still all about distribution!
With tourism spending in Canada approaching $90 billion annually (according to the Conference Board of Canada), the impact on the economy is far-reaching. Tourism marketers need to be ahead of the fast-paced digital curve to ensure Canadian destinations, hotels, attractions and other tourism related products and services are reaching digitally connected consumers.
The right content, at the right price, to the right consumer.
Now more than ever before, marketers need to be innovative, creative and strategic in their marketing and communications. In producing the annual learning conference for those charged with digital and social media marketing in the tourism and hospitality industry, we have always maintained a focus on providing content that will ensure that the travel industry in Canada stays ahead of the digital curve.
My partner Patricia Brusha and I have, and will continue to push the envelope to ensure that the Online Revealed Conference brings NEW, innovative, cutting-edge digital, social and mobile marketing technologies and tactics, as well as real-world practical application learning’s to ensure our attendees have the tools needed to succeed online.
Again this year, we will be hearing from experts from Google, TripAdvisor, BING, and Travelzoo, as well as from from leading tourism marketing professionals from across the country who are succeeding in driving traffic and conversions online through social media marketing, mobile marketing, and other digital marketing strategies aimed at attracting travel consumers.
These are real stories of tourism marketers from destination marketing organizations, hotels, hotel brands, attractions and other suppliers who have made the digital shift and are sharing their successes.
This year’s Toronto 2014 #ORC2014 agenda is packed with 2-full days of digital marketing and social media workshops, case studies, networking opportunities, keynotes, as well as the Canadian eTourism awards showcasing excellence in digital and social media marketing for the Canadian travel and tourism industry, and the Destination Benchmarking study highlighting best in practice digital marketing tactics for marketing destinations, as well as key learnings from performance benchmarking of DMO web assets in Canada.
> Big Data and how to use it to increase marketing efficiency
> Mobile technologies for consumers who are multi-device users
> Social media community management, monitoring, measuring ROI and best practices
> Game changing trends in Meta Search and what it means to travel
> Measuring digital marketing success
These are only a few of the topics that will be addressed over the two-day event. The value in attendance is unmatched within the travel and industry with over 30-expert speakers,18-digital marketing workshops, panel discussions, digital and social media marketing case studies, 3- Keynote Speakers, as well as various networking events to continue the conversation after the main program.
This year we will revive the post-networking reception “after hours” ORC with the “Lay-Z-Boy Lounge with Peller Estates wine and Xbox” – always an Online Revealed highlight event!
Online Revealed Conference highlights include:
- Game Changer student mentoring event (NEW) for the tourism and hospitality industry, with participation from Hilton Canada, IHG, Tripadvisor as well as students and faculty from various post-secondary graduate programs from Ryerson University, Humber College and more: April 7, 2014
- Jon Montgomery, Gold Medal Olympian | Host, The Amazing Race Canada Opening keynote: April 8, 2014
- Annual Canadian eTourism Awards celebrating excellence in digital tourism marketing in Canada: April 9, 2014 from 12:30-2:00 pm
- Canadian DMO Benchmarking Study: Key learning’s from the 3rd annual Canadian Destination Benchmarking report program, benchmarking the online performance of destinations across Canada. Key learning’s presented.
- Special Event and Receptions hosted by Aloft Vaughn Mills, and A Couple of Chicks™ featuring a performance by pop group 4Count, managed by industry giant Nick Cannon and the La-Z-Boy Lounge with Peller Estates wine and Xbox: April 8, 2014
- Digital and social media marketing workshops and case studies presented by Tripadvisor, BING/Microsoft, Google, Travelzoo, Expedia, Sojern, InterContinental Hotels Group and more.
- Executive Conversation with Philip Wolf travel innovator and founder of the global travel research company and conference PhocusWright
- Drew Patterson CEO & Co-Founder of CheckMate former founding team for travel giant KAYAK, and current CEO of Room 77, discussing the Mobile application that is revolutionizing mobile check-in: April 9, 2014 Closing address
There is still time to register! We are welcoming back many ORC Alums, as well as new attendees from all across Canada. For conference registration and additional information about Online Revealed Canada and related events, visit www.onlinerevealed.com.
We hope to see you at #ORC2014 next week!
The 2014 Canadian eTourism Award Winners—including Nova Scotia Tourism Agency, TravelZoo, Newfoundland and Labrador, and more will once again be honoured as part of the annual Online Revealed Digital Marketing Conference for tourism stakeholders in Canada from April 7-9, 2014 in Toronto. The current digitally connected world of consumers expects content ...
Super Bowl is the only time anyone cares about Ads. It seems like only yesterday I was scanning my Facebook newsfeed to keep in touch (stalk, creep, lurk...) with my Facebook friends. Oh the early days of Social Media... Enter Facebook promoted stories and posts and other fancy ad products. Oh ...
Social media is the first date; it is how you continue to build the relationship after this first encounter that is the key to turning LIKES into CUSTOMERS. You have a Facebook page, but do you know how to use it? I will use Facebook as the social media channel of ...
We are in the festive spirit! Enjoy our take on a holiday favourite! Deck the Halls with Digital Marketing ‘Tis the Season to start Vine-ing Don we now our Facebook updates... Sing our love of keyword #Hashtags - Info-graph's...in-the-Cloud...and Tagging too. ***** See the latest YouTube Video Watch it trend on mash--able... While I tell of Pinterest treasures... Ins-ta-gram? ... Tw-i-i-i-ter?... How ready are ...
The following guest post comes to us from one brilliant "guest" Chick - at a time when Google has done it again! [ Twice in one week for that matter]. Will Google's #Humingbird update affect your website? This week Google turned 15 and in exactly one month so will my daughter. By Stephanie ...